If You have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal Information We Collect
We collect certain information that identifies You or can be used to identify You ("Personal Information") through Your use of the Website and/or Program. If You register with us through Your credit union, bank or other financial institution ("Financial Institution"), we may receive certain Personal Information about You from both You and Your Financial Institution. If You authorize us to obtain Your credit report from one or more credit reporting agencies on Your behalf, we may receive certain Personal Information about You from such credit reporting agencies. Personal Information includes the following categories of information:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Social security number
- Information provided by You to authenticate Your identity
- Username and password to access the Website
- Information about Your usage of the Website and Program, including the dates on which You retrieved information contained on Your credit report
- Credit information, such as Your credit risk score, number of open and closed credit accounts, payment history and other information contained in Your credit report
We collect Personal Information from the following sources: (a) directly from You through Your use of and interactions with the Website and Program; (b) from Your Financial Institution, and (c) after You register with us, from one or more credit reporting agencies.
Use of Personal Information
We may use Your Personal Information to:
- Create an account with us and administer Your account.
- Fulfill Your requests, respond to Your inquiries, provide the features You enroll for on the Website and in the Program, and/or complete transactions You have requested.
- Retrieve Your credit report on an ongoing basis and monitor Your credit.
- Send You requested product or service information or to inform You of products or services that we believe You may be interested in.
- Display content based on Your interests.
- Send You important information regarding the Website and/or Program, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important, You may not opt out of receiving such communications.
- For our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products or services, enhancing and improving the Website and the Program, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of features, offers and promotional campaigns.
- As we believe to be required, necessary or appropriate: (a) in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside Your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to lawful requests by public authorities (which includes public authorities outside Your country of residence), including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (d) to enforce our terms of service; (e) to protect our operations, business and systems; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of other users of the Website and Program, including You; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Choice/Opt-Out of Marketing Communications
We may also disclose Your Personal Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
- to respond to lawful requests by public authorities (which includes public authorities outside Your country of residence).
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of other users of the Website and Program, including You
- To an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings) (each, a "Transaction"). If we are involved in a Transaction and a third party receives Your Personal Information as a result, You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of Your Personal Information, as well as any choices You may have regarding Your Personal Information.
- to any other third party with Your prior consent to do so.
Any information that we collect from or about You that is not Personal Information may be used and shared in any manner without restriction. When we combine information about You which is not Personal Information with Personal Information, we treat it like Personal Information for as long as it is combined with Your Personal Information.
Do Not Track Signals and Behavioral Tracking
We do not honor “do not track” requests or signals and we do permit third party behavioral tracking.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Technologies such as cookies or similar technologies are used by us and our marketing partners’ affiliates, or analytics or service providers (e.g. Google Analytics). These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Website, tracking users’ movements around the Website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may automatically combine this type of collected log information with other information we collect about You. We do this to improve the Website and Program, to analyze and understand usage, and to administer the Website and Program.
We partner with one or more third parties to either display advertising on our Website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about Your activities on the Website and third party websites in order to provide You advertising based upon Your browsing activities and interests. If You wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving You interest-based ads, You may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt You out of being served advertising at all. You will continue to see generic advertisements. We do not allow third parties to track or collect Your Personal Information on the Website for their own advertising purposes.
Additional Policy Information
California Consumer Privacy Act
Under the CCPA, we will disclose to You the specific items of Personal Information we have collected, the purpose of our collection, and whether Your Personal Information has been disclosed to third parties. Additionally, under the CCPA, You may request that we provide the categories and specific items of any Personal Information that we have collected or shared during the prior twelve (12) months and the categories of third parties with whom we have shared Your Personal Information.
Under the CCPA, as a California resident, You have the right to request SavvyMoney to not share Your Personal Information with one or more third parties. You may do so only by canceling Your account with us, at which point we will no longer share Your Personal Information with third parties. Upon cancelation of Your account, You will no longer have the ability to access the member-only features of the Website and the Program.
Under the CCPA, as a California resident, You have a right to be free from discrimination as a result of exercising any of the rights afforded to California residents under the CCPA. If You choose to exercise such rights, we will not deny You the ability to use the Website and Program (or suggest that we might do so), charge You or Your Financial Institution a different rate for the Website and Program (or suggest that we might do so) or change the quality of the Website and Program pertaining to You. The only exceptions are if You wish to delete any or all of Your Personal Information or if You wish for SavvyMoney not to share Your Personal Information with third parties, in which case You may do so only by canceling Your account with us at which point You will no longer have the ability to access the member-only features of the Website and the Program.
Accessing, Correcting, Updating and Deleting Your Personal Information
Upon request, SavvyMoney will provide You with information about whether we hold any of Your Personal Information.
Links to Other Websites or Internet Properties
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Website in addition to other endorsements. With Your consent we may post Your testimonial along with Your name. If You wish to update or delete Your testimonial, You can contact us at email@example.com.
Social Media Features and Widgets
Protecting the privacy of Young children is especially important to us. The Website and Program are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide any Personal Information to us. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13). If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we will take steps to remove that information.
We do not represent or warrant that the Website or Program, or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Website and Program do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations.
7901 Stoneridge Drive #207
Pleasanton CA 94588